Welder / Fabricator
ADS Laser is the premier metal laser cutting, precision folding, fabricating and finishing company in the UK. From Bespoke to Volume Solutions, we work on a wide range of projects from intricately designed Point of Sale materials to volume components that find their way into Rail systems for a range of large high profile industry customers.
Summary Of Position:
- To produce accurate and cost-effective products in line with the client’s information through the use of MIG, TIG, stick welding and sheet metal machinery.
- Read engineers drawings and interpret all symbols and information.
- Inspect parts to check they are correct and free from damage before proceeding with any processes.
- Tack weld and then carry out a cross-reference drawing check.
- To accurately record times on TruTops Fab (TTF).
- Always look for the most cost-effective way of doing any procedures.
- When handling materials ensure absolute minimum damage to all faces especially with stainless steel (polished/grained) and anodised finished surfaces.
- Keep the welding bay compact and free from trip hazards. Remove any unnecessary items including fire hazards
- Be mindful of your colleagues when operating machinery, forklift, grinders, cranes etc.
- Inspect electrical leads, airlines and maintain weld plants.
- Complete all paperwork (job pack) correctly and feedback any relevant information that will increase productivity or reduce future errors.
- Any other duties consistent with the role.
Successful Candidate Skills & Experience:
- Time/apprentice served fabrication and welding sheet metal experience
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Self-motivated and focused, with a flexible attitude
- Good attention to detail, with high levels of accuracy and focus on quality output
- Able to work on and use own initiative and problem solve
- Strong communication, team working and people skills
- Demonstrate a professional and courteous attitude
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Positive attitude to innovation and change
- Looking to build a career in a successful and fast-growing business.
Benefits of Working for ADS:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Non contractual quarterly bonus scheme
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Additional service linked holiday
- Christmas shutdown
- 40 hour working week, with a 12.30 finish on a Friday
- Pension scheme
- Company workwear and PPE provided
- Commitment to investing in training and development
- Onsite parking
- Staff canteen
- We are a successful and fast growing business
- We have relocated to the Fox’s site in Braunstone and are heavily investing in upgrading the site and its facilities.
To apply, please email your CV to HR@adslaser.co.uk