To advise and support the business with recruitment, employee performance and employee benefits with a view to maximise the productivity of the organisation through the effectiveness of its employees.
- Full HR Generalist Role, balance between admin and management activities.
- Processing factory and office hours for payroll.
- Completing agency worker timesheets.
- Recording and monitoring employee absence, ensuring return to work interview forms are completed.
- Maintaining company organisation chart.
- Recording employee holidays and calculating employee entitlements each year.
- Prepare letters for employees on contractual changes including pay reviews, changes to working hours etc.
- Complete all required administration for leavers including acceptance letters, advising payroll, calculating holiday pay and conducting exit interviews.
- Keep company policies up to date with changes and draft new policies as required.
- Complete reference requests from third parties.
- Produce monthly KPI reports on hours work VS hours paid.
- Maintain spreadsheets on employee retention.
- Obtain feedback on agency workers and ensure that appropriate action is taken after 13 weeks.
- Coaching and upskilling line managers to improve their HR capabilites
- Coordinate the recruitment process including advertising, shortlisting applications arranging and assisting with interviews, where necessary.
- Update job specifications with any changes and draft job specifications for new roles.
- Respond to unsuccessful applicants.
- Responsible for administration of all new starters including employee inductions, informing payroll, obtaining references, signed offer letters and right to work documentation.
- Liaise with Agencies and negotiate rates.
- Ensure all new appointments are authorised by Directors.
- Employee Engagement and Well-being
- Employee feedback surveys.
- Assist the Directors and Financial Director with pay reviews providing data on current market rates.
- Administration and promotion of employee benefits including Perkbox, Refer a Friend Schemes and Quarterly Pizza Lunches.
- Undertake review of current market benefits and put together proposals as requested by the board of Directors.
- Schedule annual employee health screening, keep accurate records, follow up on any referrals and provide feedback to Directors.
- Monitor employee retention, provide feedback to the Directors and recommend methods for improving retention.
- Assist with employee probationary reviews.
- Issue annual appraisal documentation, support managers with appraisal meetings and provide feedback to Directors.
- Arrange employee training and maintain accurate training records.
- Advise and assist with any employee performance issues including grievances and disciplinary action.
- Providing coaching to managers on day to day performance issues, managing sickness and absences and issuing informal counselling letters.
May be suitable for individual moving into first senior position.
- Minimum of 3 years’
experience in a similar role.
- Hold a relevant HR
- Be able to work under own
initiative and effectively organise own workload.
- Experienced in challenging
ideas and being able provide information on best practice.
- A self-motivator with the
ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.