CAD / CAM Programmer
We are currently seeking a CAD / CAM Programmer to join our growing team of programmers, producing engineering drawings and CNC programs for the manufacturing of sheet metal.
The main duties of the role are:
· Create accurate CAD/CAM flat pattern drawings in line with client’s requests.
· Use flat pattern drawings to create CNC programs for laser machine and press brake.
· Produce folding instructions and drawing for operators.
· Monitor and document any changes to CNC programs.
· Clear and concise drawing control.
· Provide excellent customer service and develop rapport with clients.
· Generate and maintain records of CNC programs.
· Review and modify existing programs to improve efficiency.
The successful candidate will have:
· Ability to read and create CAD drawings for manufacturing
· Experience of CNC programming or a relevant CNC Programming qualification.
· Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing processes
· Good mathematical skills.
· Working knowledge of using Microsoft Office and CAD / CAM software.
· Experience of TruTops software is desirable.
· Ability to work well as part of a team
Experience of using Trumpfs Top software and knowledge of the processes involved in metal manufacturing are beneficial but not essential.
Full training will be offered to the right candidate along with opportunities to develop further.